Upholstery cleaning is one of the skills many homeowners are seeking to learn and master. For most homeowners, it is important to learn how to properly and efficiently clean your furniture. Being able to correctly maintain your furniture and upholstery will help extend its lifespan allowing you to enjoy using your furniture for a longer time. Here are some upholstery cleaning tips to help you maintain your furniture.
- Always check the care label that comes with your furniture. Every piece of furniture comes with its own care label. If you don’t see any, ask the manufacturer from where you bought your furniture. As soon as you have the care label, read it carefully and strictly follow each step in washing and cleaning your furniture covers.
- Do not saturate the material of your furniture. If your furniture does not have removable covers, you can opt to spot clean the stained area. You can use any laundry detergent you have at home. Wet a cleaning cloth with diluted laundry detergent and rub on the stained area. Do not apply the diluted laundry detergent directly to your furniture. It is also important that you do not saturate the furniture with the cleaning solution as this will result in damaging your upholstery.
- Test cleaning solutions in hidden areas of your furniture. To be sure that your cleaning solution will not damage or discolor your furniture, upholstery cleaning experts recommend testing the cleaning solution in a hidden area of your furniture. Try cleaning a hidden area of your furniture using a mild laundry detergent mixed with water. Look closely for signs of damage including discoloration, shrinking or fraying.
- Use baby wipes to immediately wipe away spills. Spilled liquid will quickly seep into your upholstery. To prevent this from happening, always have baby wipes available. Use them to immediately wipe away the spills. Not only will you be able to easily remove the spills but you will also prevent it from seeping through your upholstery and causing more damage.
- Leave the cleaned area to dry naturally. If you used an appropriate and safe upholstery cleaning product, it will be alright to leave your furniture to dry naturally. Applying dryer or vacuum may only result to damaging your furniture.
- Clean your furniture regularly. If possible, clean your furniture on a daily basis even if you do not see any spills or stains. Like everything else inside your house, your furniture is exposed to dirt and dust on a regular basis. Cleaning them every day will prevent dirt, dust and grime from accumulating on the surface of your furniture and, or worse, seeping into them. You do not have to do a thorough cleaning and use special cleaning products. Simple wiping off the surface of your furniture is enough to prevent dirt and dust from accumulating and damaging your furniture.
- Use white vinegar to remove surface stains. Sometimes, you do not need to run to the store and buy a cleaning product to remove stains from your sofas and chairs; you can just use white vinegar when doing your upholstery cleaning Myrtle Beach. Wet a cleaning towel with white vinegar and rub on the stained surface. Use a soapy cleaning solution for an intensive clean. Rinse appropriately. If the smell of vinegar lingers throughout the room, open the windows and switch on the fan to help remove the vinegar scent.
- Vacuum the surface of your furniture before using upholstery cleaning products. It helps the cleaning product to work more efficiently if you remove dirt and dust on the surface of your furniture first. Use a vacuum with a soft brush attachment to efficiently remove the dirt and dust on the surface of your furniture.
- Use microfiber cloth for wiping stains and spills away. To prevent damaging the surface of your furniture, it is best to use a microfiber cloth. It helps to effectively remove stains and lift up dirt and dust from the surface of your furniture. Also, remember to always wipe gently to further take care of your furniture.
- Vacuum at least once a week. If you want to use your vacuum for cleaning your furniture, be sure to do it at least once a week. Also, use the soft brush attachment so as not to damage the surface of your furniture. If you use your furniture more frequently, vacuuming at least once a day will help prevent dirt and grime from accumulating and seeping through your furniture.
For more upholstery cleaning tips, call Steam Plus Carpet Cleaning now.
Steam Plus Carpet Cleaning
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
843 340 -5805