Proper carpet cleaning and maintenance is important if you want to preserve the beauty of your carpet and extend its lifespan. Carpets are an expensive investment but are a great addition to any home. It makes any room look more elegant and beautiful.
If you recently installed new carpet and are worried about care and maintenance here are some professional tips that can help you.
Carpet Cleaning and Maintenance Tips
- Consistent and frequent carpet cleaning
According to experts, one of the methods of effective care and maintenance for carpets is consistent and frequent cleaning. This means regular vacuuming at least every two days, which will effectively help prevent the accumulation of dust and debris in the carpet fibers where they can easily cause damage and ruin the beauty of your carpet. Keep in mind that even a small amount of soil can scratch carpet fibers especially if the carpet is frequently walked on. This is why carpets in rooms that are frequently used should be vacuumed more frequently in a week.
The best vacuum to use for generally all carpets is a vacuum that comes with different types of brushes and attachments. This will help ensure that you are able to vacuum any type of carpet in any area. Another benefit of regular vacuuming is that it fluffs up carpet fibers. Thus, if a carpet already looks dull and out of life, simply run a vacuum over it and it will be back to a new fluffy appearance.
More tips for vacuuming your carpets:
- Just a reminder to go over areas that are not frequently walked on and even those that are hidden from view such as corners and those under the furniture. Dust and debris still accumulate in these areas so you need to run the vacuum over them to prevent the accumulation of dust and debris.
- Use the crevice attachment of your vacuum to effectively vacuum corners and the beater brush tool if you are running the vacuum on the stairs. If your vacuum has the angled nozzle attachment, you can use this to clean the baseboards because dust can also settle in this area.
- The setting of your vacuum depends on the height of your carpet fibers. Make sure that the setting is compatible with the carpet fiber height to avoid damaging the fibers when you use the vacuum cleaner.
- Cover the entire space of your carpet even if it means you will have to cover your strokes.
- Use scissors to remove snags and tufts
Proper carpet cleaning and maintenance call for cutting snags and tufts with a scissor instead of pulling them, which many homeowners are already doing. These snags and tufts are indeed an eyesore and also a health risk as someone might trip over them. If you need to remove them, use a pair of scissors. Never pull them out as this will only result to damaging the carpet fibers.
- Remove dents by using a hairdryer
Dents are what furniture leaves behind in a carpet so that when you remove the furniture there is a dent left in your carpet. To remove dents, all you have to do is get a clean and white rag to dampen the dented area. Then use a hair dryer to dry the area. Make sure that the heat does not directly contact the carpet fibers. Rake the area with your fingers to accelerate the drying process.
Call Steam Plus Carpet Cleaning now to get more details on carpet care and maintenance.
Steam Plus Carpet Cleaning
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
843 340 -5805