Did you know that what seems to be an unnoticed leaking pipe can slowly become a big problem? Damage caused by leaking pipes is similar to a devastating flood, it happens unexpectedly and can cause serious damage to your home and trigger health issues.
Typical water damage incidents happen when you least expect it- which make it even worse–that by the time you have discovered it, expensive repair is the only solution. But what type of repair work is what most homeowners would ask. It depends upon the place. If the afflicted location is a tiled surface area– in your restroom, cooking area, entrance, basement, and so on– you might want to change the entire flooring. Weakening or missing tile and grout permits water to permeate below the tiled surface areas and eventually loosen up the tiles. Even more, the built-up moisture produces a sanctuary where mold and mildew can develop, which can trigger allergic concerns to your family.
Now, who would have thought that such a small problem can cause great damage to your house?
Fortunately, most types of water damage to your tile and grout can be avoided or eased. At Steam Plus Carpet Cleaning, our objective is to cease water damage even before it can do significant damage to your tiled surface areas.
Tile and Grout Damage Repair
- Do a regular inspection of your tiled surface area for any proof of staining and hollow tiles– their existence may reveal that you may have a leakage someplace close by.
- Tap on each tile with a coin, listening for the particular “empty” noise. If you discover a hollow area, have it removed and changed with fresh tile and grout or caulking prior to the damage can spread out.
- Determine and fix the source of possible leakages. Do not neglect anything suspicious. A couple of drops now can intensify into huge water damage in the future. Speak with a plumbing expert if you are not able to do it yourself. Think about setting up a leakage detection system that will signal you to possible leakages, and then ensure that every member of your family will know how to turn off the water source entirely.
- Take a look at the appliance around your tiled surface areas, generally in the cooking area or laundry location. Out-of-date devices can spell difficulty. As home appliances age, their plumbing connection can weaken and break, perhaps leading to an enormous quantity of water being launched into your house.
- Make it a point to have a regular maintenance schedule. Frequently examine your devices for weak points arising from long-lasting usage, and change any tubes that are in between 3 to 5 years of ages, depending upon their condition.
- Keep in mind: If you experience a significant leakage, safeguard your tiled surface areas by instantly shutting off your water. Evaluate the shut-valve routinely to make certain it works.
At Steam Plus Carpet Cleaning, we’re devoted to assisting you to safeguard your financial investment in tiled surface areas from the expensive, disruptive results of water damage– no matter the source.